National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the UGC NET cut off along with the result declaration. Campaigners securing marks equal to or further than the cut off marks will be considered UGC NET qualified.
cut off marks for UGC NET- Determining Factors
- Total number of appeared campaigners
- Seats Availabilty
- Difficulty position of the examination
UGC NET Normalization procedure
The process of Normalization is done in order to compare the campaigners’ scores across multiple session papers. For normalization across sections, NTA uses the percentile parity process. This is done to give equal openings to all campaigners appearing in colorful places which have different difficulty situations. The process of normalization is basically equating the marks of all the candidates to 100. This is done to give equal opportunity to the candidates appearing for the test in different slots which have different difficulty levels.
Percentile Scores in UGC NET
Grounded on the relative performance of all the appeared campaigners, the percentile scores are calculated. The marks secured by the campaigners are converted into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each session of examinees. The percentile scores is calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect and avoid the ties situation.
Cut off 2021 : UGC NET
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks (in %)|
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET Cut Off Marks 2021 Subject & Category Wise
The candidates can check out the UGC NET Cut-Off 2021 for the December 2020 and June 2021 cycle. As NTA had merged the Dec 2020 and June 2021 cycle due pandemic, the UGC NET Exam for both the cycles was conducted in Dec 2021.
Commerce cut off 2021
Political Science Cut Off 2021
Geography : Cut Off 2021
English : Cut Off 2021
Hindi Cut Off 2021
*from the above you can derive a conclusion that cut off are at the peak,with comparison to other cycle.
How to Calculate cut off marks for UGC NET- Assistant Professors
- The number of campaigners to be good (total places or Eligibility for Assistant Professor) must be equal to 6 of the total campaigners appearing in both the papers of UGC NET.
- The total places in which the test will be held must be allocated to different orders as per the reservation policy
- For JRF and Assistant Professor eligibility, campaigners will have to appear for both papers- paper I and II and secure at least 40 marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) and 35 total marks in both the papers for all campaigners belonging to the following reticent orders (viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer, PwD and Transgender).
- The number of campaigners to be declared good in any subject for a particular order is deduced as per the system mentioned below
Calculate cut off marks for UGC NET-Both JRF and Assistant Professor
All those campaigners willing to get shortlisted for both JRF & Assistant Professor both must know how the cut off for UGC NET is calculated for both. Then, the total number of places available for awarding JRF is allocated among different orders as per the reservation policy. The table below contains the process through which the subject wise and order wise allocation of JRF is done
courtesy :UGC NTA