Edit the sentences choosing the best replacement for the underlined words:
- Success is made up of good fortune and hard work.
- is a result of C. is a blend of
- is result of D. is fruit of
- 2. Trust your instincts and see all hurdles.
- get freedom from C. overcome
- visualise D. try
- There is times when your best efforts could prove fruitless because of wrong timing.
- There are times C. There is time
- There are many times D. There is a time
- Use of water and nutrients help the buds to bloom faster
- helped buds C. helps the buds
- helps in the buds D. assist
- The General Manager’s sudden cancellation of programme aggravated many employees.
- angered C. worried
- aggrieved D. pained
- The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is ____________ .
- Sarat Arun Bobde C. Saran Arpan Bobde
- Sivam Arvind Bobde D. Sarad Arvind Bobde
- Articles —– to —— of the Constitution articulate freedom of religion in a secular state that respects all religions equally.
- 19-22 C. 25 – 28
- 23-24 D. 32 – 34
- 8. What can be the maximum period of gap between two sessions of the Indian Parliament?
- six months C. one year
- three months D. ten weeks
- 9. Who among the following is not a member of the Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee ?
- Jayanth R. Varma C. Shashanka
- Ashima Goyal D. Tamal Bandyapadhyay
- 10. Who is the CEO of Niti Ayog ?
- Shri. Amitabh Kant C. Shri. V. K. Saraswat
- Dr. V. K. Paul D. Dr. Rajiv Kumar
- 11. What does ‘S’ in External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s name stand for ?
A, Santaram C. Srinivas
- Subrahmanyam D. Samasekhar
- 12. F C R A stand for –
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act
- Foreign Currency Regulation Act
- Foreign Capital Regulation Act
- Food Craft Research Association
- 13. At what age would a child formally start education according to the NEP (National Educational Policy)?
- 3 C. 5
- 4 D. 6
- 14. At what age did Malala Yousafzai win Noble Peace Price?
- 21 C. 17
- 19 D. 16
- The second largest continent in terms of area is ——– .
- Africa C. South America
- Asia D. North America
- At Gaya, Lord Budha
- was born C. died
- attained enlightenment D. delivered his first sermon
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- Socrates was disciple of Plato
- Plato was disciple of Aristotle
- Plato was disciple of Socrates
- Socrates and Plato were disciples of Aristotle
- 18. Who is known as the ‘Iron Man of India’?
- Bala Gangadhar Tilak C. Mahatma Gandhi
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel D. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Who is known as the ‘Father of the Dravidian Movement’?
- C. N Annadurai C. K. Kamaraj
- Periyar E. V. Ramasamy D. M. Karunanidhi
- The Atal tunnel , world’s longest Highway Tunnel in Himachal Pradesh between Leh and Manali has a length of
- 7.03 km C. 9.02 km
- 10.1 km D. 8.04 km
- The First Battle of Panipat which laid the foundation of the Mughal Empire in India was fought in
- 1516 AD C. 1546 AD
- 1528 AD D. 1526 AD
- Who is the Mughal King imprisoned by his son?
- Akbar C. Jehangir
- Shajahan D. Aurangazeb
- Summer Solstice occurs on ———-
- June 21 C. December 22
March 21 D. September 22
- The lowest layer of the atmosphere is called
A.exosphere C. stratosphere
- troposphere D. ionosphere
- What is the annual event celebrated around the world on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection?
- International Climate Change Day C. Earth Day
- Eco-Day D. World Environment Day
Corrected Words : Success is a blend of good fortune and hard work.
Corrected Words : Trust your instincts and overcome all hurdles.
There are times when your best efforts could prove fruitless because of wrong timing.
Use of water and nutrients helps the buds to bloom faster
The General Manager’s sudden cancellation of programme aggrieved many employees.
Sharad Arvind Bobde is an Indian Judge who served as the 47th Chief Justice of India from 18 November 2019 to 23 April 2021. He is a former Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Currently , The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is N. V. Ramana .As head of the Supreme Court, the chief justice is responsible for the allocation of cases and appointment of constitutional benches which deal with important matters of law.
Articles 25 to 28 of the Constitution articulate freedom of religion in a secular state that respects all religions equally. Article 25 of the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion to all persons in India. It provides that all persons in India, subject to public order, morality, health, and other provisions: Are equally entitled to freedom of conscience, and. Have the right to freely profess, practice and propagate religion.
The gap between two sessions of the Parliament cannot exceed 6 months, which means the Parliament meets at least two times in one year.
Tamal Bandyopadhyay is an Indian business journalist, known for his weekly column on banking and finance Banker’s Trust published in Business Standard, a leading Indian business daily. He had started this column in Mint, an Indian business daily by HT Media Ltd. He has authored five books namely HDFC Bank 2.0: From Dawn to Digital, From Lehman to Demonetization: A Decade of Disruptions, Reforms and Misadventures, Bandhan: The Making of a Bank, Sahara: The Untold Story and A Bank for the Buck. Bandhan : The Making of a Bank has been translated into Bengali.
Shri Amitabh Kant is currently the CEO of NITI Aayog. He is a member of the Indian Administrative Service, Kerala Cadre, 1980 batch.
Amitabh Kant (born 1 March 1956) is the second and current chief executive officer of NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India). He is a 1980 batch retired IAS officer of Kerala cadre.
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar (born 9 January 1955) is an Indian diplomat and politician who is the current Minister of External Affairs of the Government of India since 31 May 2019.
The Union Home Ministry has cancelled renewal of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) licences of Greenpeace India and two NGOs run by activist Teesta Setalvad who is an Indian civil rights activist and journalist.
According to NEP a child can formally start education at the age of 3. The NEP or the “National Education Policy” is the collection of rules and regulations for the education sector.
For her work in drawing global attention to the threat to girls’ education in Pakistan, in 2014 at age 17 Malala Yousafzai became the youngest Nobel Prize laureate up to that time. She also won other accolades, and several funds and education initiatives were established in her honour.
Africa, the second-largest continent, covers an area more than three times that of the United States. From north to south, Africa stretches about 8,000 kilometers (5,000 miles).
Mahabodhi temple, Bodh Gaya, Bihar state, India, designated a World Heritage site in 2002. Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc. Bodh Gaya contains one of the holiest of Buddhist sites: the location where, under the sacred pipal, or Bo tree, Gautama Buddha (Prince Siddhartha) attained enlightenment and became the Buddha.
Plato was a philosopher during the 5th century BCE. He was a student of Socrates and later taught Aristotle. … Plato wrote many philosophical texts—at least 25. He dedicated his life to learning and teaching and is hailed as one of the founders of Western philosophy.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, vice president Venkaiah Naidu and many leaders across India paid their tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, remembered as the ‘iron man of India,’ on Tuesday on his death anniversary.
From 1929 to 1932 Ramasamy made a tour of British Malaya, Europe, and Soviet Union which influenced him. In 1939, E.V. Ramasamy became the head of the Justice Party, and in 1944, he changed its name to Dravidar Kazhagam.
At a length of 9.02 km, it is the longest tunnel above 10,000 feet (3,048 m) in the world and is named after former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The First Battle of Panipat was fought between the invading forces of Babur and the Lodi Empire, which took place on 21 April 1526 in North India. It marked the beginning of the Mughal Empire. This was one of the earliest battles involving gunpowderfirearms and field artillery.
Shahajahan or Jahangir was imprisoned by his son Aurangzeb in 1626 AD due to a rebellion.
The timing of the June solstice is not based on a specific calendar date or time; it all depends on when the Sun reaches its northernmost point from the celestial equator. Therefore, the solstice won’t always occur on the same day. Currently, it shifts between June 20, 21, and 22.
The Troposphere is the lowest part of the atmosphere – the part we live in. The lowest part of the troposphere is called the boundary layer.
April 22 is Earth Day, an international event celebrated around the world to pledge support for environmental protection. The year 2021 marks the 51st anniversary of the annual celebrations.