UGC NET Test is one of the most prominent public- position examinations conducted to determine the eligibility of campaigners applying for only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor post, Ph.D. and advanced exploration studies in Indian universities and sodalities. While preparing for the UGC NET Test, numerous campaigners get confused between UGC NET and JRF. Then in this composition, we’ve bandied the nuances of UGC NET and JRF to help you understand both in detail.
UGC NET 2022
UGC NET test is a public- position eligibility test for Assistant Professor post and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) applicants. The UGC NET Examinations are conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) twice a time in December and June.
After the successful completion of the UGC NET Test, the campaigners can conclude for Assistant Professor post, Ph.D. and M.Phil. in colourful Indian Universities depending on their area of moxie and subject. The campaigners will come eligible to apply for the Assistant Professor/ Speakers post in colourful Indian Universities and Colleges while contemporaneously pursuing their Ph.D./M.Phil.
Campaigners also come eligible for some economic jobs offered by PSUs (Public Service Undertakings). Some of the top PSUs that consider UGC Net Test scores for their reclamation process. Campaigners are considered for colourful disciplines similar as operation, mortal resource, commercial communication, finance, wisdom, and R&D in some PSU reclamation.
UGC NET Test Date
Meanwhile, UGC NET Examinations for December 2021 and June 2022 have been blazoned and the UGC NET official announcement has been released on 30th April. The NTA (National Testing Agency) and UGC (University Subventions Commission) have decided to combine the UGC NET December 2021 and June 2022 Cycles to be suitable to homogenize the UGC NET Test cycle. Before, UGC NET December 2020 Test was held up due to COVID-19 restrictions and the UGC NET December 2020 and June 2021 were intermingled for the same reason. UGC NET New Test Date will be conducted in the month of June 2022. Eligibility criteria for UGC NET Exam
Before appearing for the UGC NET Exam, it is better to go through the eligibility criteria carefully. The eligibility criteria for UGC NET Exam are:
|Educational Qualification||Master Degree or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks (5% is relaxed for SC/ST/others)|
30 years for JRF
No age for UGC NET
|Subject Eligibility||The subject of Candidate’s Post-Graduation|
Once a candidate clears the UGC NET Examinations, they come eligible to apply for the Assistant Professor posts in various Indian universities and sodalities. Assistant Professor can educate undergraduate and/ or post-graduate scholars in sodalities and universities. Contenders can simultaneously pursue their Ph.D or disquisition work. By completing their Ph.D contenders ensure elevations and career growth in future.
A lectureship is an excellent career option for those contenders who enjoy a particular subject and wants to make their career as an peripheral professor. Contenders can get promoted to Associate Professor, Professor, Head of Department and so on.
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
JRF or Junior Research Fellowship is a instrument awarded by UGC to the top 5%-8 %of contenders who clear UGC NET examinations. It’s a education program for contenders concluding for disquisition work and advanced studies.
- The cut-off marks of UGC NET and JRF differ every time. The factors that contribute to analogous difference in cut-off marks are
- The number of contenders who conclude for the UGC NET test in a particular time.
- The difficulty position of the test.
After Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Clearing UGC NET cut-off marks does not guarantee a candidate to be named for JRF. If you qualify for the UGC NET Test also you are eligible for Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor post in Indian universities and sodalities. When you qualify the JRF Cut-off which is generally 5-7 further than the UGC NET Cut off. The validity of the UGC NET JRF certificate is three years from the date of its issuance.
- Contenders qualifying for JRF come eligible for a wide range of openings to choose from. JRF contenders are eligible for a two- time stipend of Rs.25000 for their PhD disquisition work. Followed by an evaluation after the 2nd time of their Ph.D., they come eligible for an fresh three- time stipend of Rs.28000 as SRF (Senior Research Fellow).
- JRF contenders can apply for their Ph.D. at various universities like IIM’s, IIT’s, and other R&D institutes.
- JRF Contenders are also good to work in other government Labs analogous as DRDO, SERB, ICAR, ICMR, and others.
- Predicated on different Universities, JRF contenders can simultaneously take Temporary Lectureship/ Assistant Professor jobs.
UGC NET v/s Assistant professor
As said earlier, UGC NET is a test conducted by NTA to test the eligibility of contenders aspiring to pursue advanced studies and also eligible to apply for the Assistant professor post. Whereas, JRF is a instrument awarded to the top 5-8% of contenders qualifying for the UGC NET Test. JRF is a education program/ scheme where the contenders are given a stipend to pursue their disquisition work once they register with any honoured Indian University.